The field of leisure travel applying Metaverse is being evaluated as a potential market. Especially with the support of 3D, AR/VR, Blockchain, AI technologies and the participation of big names, virtual leisure travel promises to thrive in the coming time. So, how do tourism and hotel businesses benefit from applying Metaverse to their business model?
1. How can tourism businesses benefit from Metaverse?
There are two main ways that businesses can get benefit from applying Metaverse to their business model.
1.1. Provide unique, virtual experiences for customers
Through the support of VR glasses, businesses can bring customers authentic travel experiences. They can provide services that allow customers to visit and interact in a virtual environment without having to travel in reality. Now, visitors do not need to spend hours to move to their favorite tourist destination, they can completely sit at home and enjoy the feeling of travel in a vivid and authentic way.
1.2. Offer free Metaverse experience
Experiencing a virtual world that can form part of a travel experience becomes more enjoyable. By using AR/VR glasses, guests will have a virtual reality experience in the hotel, where guests can interact in a digital environment completely different from their real world setting.
2. Some examples of Metaverse application in the field of resort tourism
Some of the most likely examples of the application of Metaverse in the field of tourism and hospitality with potential for growth in the coming years include:
2.1. Improve the booking process
For traditional bookings in the past, customers could only preview their room through the 2D screen. Sometimes guests do not have an accurate picture of the room they will choose, so in many cases, customers will not be satisfied when checking in.
In the future, with the development of 3D technologies, VR360, hotel rooms will be brought to the virtual environment as a single NFT asset. Visitors can tour the hotel rooms that are designed exactly like the real thing, they can clearly feel the area, space as well as the services they will receive. This will enhance guest satisfaction upon check-in.
2.2. Erase the space distance
Many people often choose to travel to celebrate birthdays and celebrations. But this has a huge limitation that they cannot share their experiences with friends and relatives who are not on the same trip. A hotel in Metaverse will blur the space by allowing those who are not physically present to have lifelike experiences at the venue itself using VR/AR glasses.
3. What benefits do customers get when experiencing virtual hotel rooms?
- Easier: With VR360 technology, tourist attractions will appear in the virtual world as a single NFT asset, guests can easily preview the hotel room they will use before deciding to book rooms, helping visitors choose the most satisfactory accommodation. When a customer cancels a trip, they can resell these NFT assets to others in need.
- Enjoy the comfort of traveling even while sitting at home: By using VR glasses, visitors can experience the lifelike sensations of digitized destinations.
- In particular, the trip will not be affected by weather factors and epidemics. Visitors will go anywhere, anytime they want without being affected by external factors.
Metaverse is undeniably changing the landscape of the travel industry. Businesses and customers both benefit greatly. This is why when the Metaverse was still in its infancy, a lot of big names jumped into the game.